You can book tickets up to two days before a course – but we may still have availability after that, call us on 01516486581 for last minute bookings. We love to put on bespoke courses for groups of three or more friends so do get in touch if you can’t see a date or course you would like.
- This event has passed.
Two Day Technical Laser Cutting and Etching – creative lasercutting laseretching laser engraving midweek weekday Course Workshop Class
12th October , 2017 @ 10:00 am - 13th October , 2017 @ 4:00 pm£200
- This course is aimed at those looking for an overview of the technical aspects of laser cutting – suitable for all abilities, including those with no prior experience using a laser cutter, through to those familiar with the process looking to try some new techniques.
- We will explore machine setup, how it works, lens focusing, fume extraction, tube cooling, cleaning, and the range of settings that can be used with the software.
- Working with Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, we can explore a variety of drawing techniques, including Pen Tool, Pathfinder effects, JPG and BMP tracing, as well as manipulating fonts and simple shapes to prepare them for laser cutting.
- We will also cover a variety of more advanced techniques including finger joints, simple boxes, modelling with stacked slices and interlocking slices, adhesives, and living hinges.
- We will send you a follow up e-mail with a list of any materials and suppliers discussed on the day.
- You are welcome to bring along any materials you wish to work with, and we have a range of laser plywood, mdf, acrylic, rubber and paper for you to use.
- All tuition, materials, refreshments and lunches are provided. We can provide you with a laptop and mouse but you can bring your own if you prefer.
- We can supply you with any files you make on the day, and you are welcome to bring a USB stick with you, or we can send them to you via fileshare.
This two day course costs £200 per person and all equipment and materials are provided, although you may like to bring your own objects to use and sketches and designs to work from. You will make at least one finished piece. The course runs from 10am until 4pm each day.
MartinLaser cutting / To read the whole review click here
Clueless I was, as to what I wanted to make. But Kris took me through the whole process of laser cutting and gave me inspiration!!! I had a great time and very pleased with my end result.
MartinWirral / Laser cutting
Clueless, I was as to what I wanted to make. But Kris took me through the whole process of laser cutting and gave me inspiration!!!
CarolynLaser cut course / To read the full review click here
"Kris took an active interest in what we wanted to use the laser cutter for so that he could tailor the training. Kris gave some excellent advice if we were to purchase our own machines. Very friendly environment, excellent location with fabulous views"
Mei-YeeLaser cut course / To read the full review click here
"From the moment I stepped into the shore cottage studio, I felt at ease. I recommend this course, I want to do other courses soon."
SykelottLaser cut course / To read the full review click here
"An absolutely fabulous and informative two days spent with Kris, Laura and Sue. I had Kris' expertise, patience, humour and extensive knowledge on a 1:1 basis throughout the duration. Sue and Laura helped with design ideas. The warmth and hospitality of the team was as good as you can get. I can't recommend this well resourced studio enough, for whatever craft experience you may be interested in."
IanLaser cut course / To read the full review click here
"This is the second time I have attended this course, this time it was to learn more advanced skills and techniques. Once again a thoroughly enjoyable 2 days with excellent teaching in a creative welcoming environment and lovely homemade food. I cant recommend them highly enough!"
Sophie CLaser course / To read the full review click here
"The location is stunning, in a lovely studio with amazing views of the beach and across the estuary. It was lovely to have the freedom to adapt the schedule along with my ideas, as these migrated the more I learned about what the laser cutter could do. I can't recommend this place enough."
PoppyAmersham / Laser Cutting
"Thank you so much Kris and Laura for such an amazing two days. I really enjoyed the course and had such fun. The best thing I have ever done! I learnt so much and had great fun. Thank you Laura for feeding me!"
KirstyCaldy / Laser Cutting
"Thankyou so much for 2 wonderful days of laser cutting crafty creativity! I’ve loved every minute of it (especially the cakes!) I feel like I’ve been on holiday! Would so love to come back."
JoHoylake / Laser Cutting
"What a brilliant couple of days – excellent results – wonderful, relaxed and enjoyable days – the sun even came out on day two! Fantastic homemade soups, homemade baked goodies, and endless tea/coffee. I will be inspired for months to come and hopefully return for future courses."
DarrenNewcastle / Laser Cutting
"Fantastic place, wonderful people. All that you need they provide. If we can we shall return. Thank you for a beautiful weekend."
HelenNewton / Laser Cutting
"Thanks so much for a really inspiring time! Definitely lived up to your tag-line of time and space to be creative. Enjoyed all your input, very grateful for your expertise and all the informative chat. Good also to learn alongside others, lots of cross fertilisation of ideas! Great soup and cake too! Hope to keep in touch and will be encouraging anyone I can to come along. Thanks."