Join Laura for a day making a beautiful bathtime treats.
This one day course is designed for complete relaxation in the mad run-up to Christmas. Escape to the studio and make your very own soaps, bathbombs, and bath melts. Treat yourself to boxes and boxes of bathtime bubbles to last you well into the new year. Or why not create yours as beautiful gifts with the handmade touch ideal as teacher presents, or gifts for anyone who appreciates some luxury pampering.
We will make...
- a range of soaps inspired by crystals and geodes, pick your own colour, fragrance(s) and add sparkle if you wish from our 100% biodegradable glitter. Or why not make sea glass inspired soaps for the more minimalist amongst you?
- Bath melts, choose to make straightforward buttery melts in paper cases with a single dried rosebud adornment, or add a generous handful of oats and tie in a muslin bag with twine to create a luxurious and calming moisture rich bath without clogging your plughole! Or why not make a few of each? Choose scents to match your mood or style.
- Bathbombs! Create and style your own bath bombs; choose your scent, add flakes of natural cocoa butter for a skin softening treat, or add salts for a geode inspired look. Fun to make and even more fun to receive and use. Add a dash of 100% biodegradable glitter if you dare!
You will take home your creations in eco friendly packaging that is 100% biodegradable even down to the 'plastic' window that is actually made from plant materials.
Ideal for friends or family to work alongside one another, great inter-generational day out. (Children between the age of six and thirteen are welcome to buy a ticket when accompanied by a full paying adult who will assume responsibility, anyone between 14 and 16 may attend solo with parental consent.)
The course includes welcome tea/coffee and Christmas treats, a delicious home made lunch of soup and bread and all materials so you don't need to bring anything at all with you.
We are only offing this course twice this year to the public, one weekday and one weekend day. However, if you can round up a group of more than four friends we can discuss putting on a bespoke session for your group, please send us an email and we will do our best to accommodate you. To buy a gift voucher for a one day course click here.
The Early Bird catches the worm, and if you arrive before the course starts at 10am you are welcome to join us for tea / coffee and home made biscuits, still warm from the oven. There is no additional charge for our ticket holders.
Use the simple melt and pour technique to make truly beautiful soaps. carve and shape with a sharp knife into something unique.
Make your bath melts using cocoa butter, shea butter and sweet almond oil with your choice of fragrance and oats, or not!
Lunch is homemade soup and home made bread. Delicious and Nutritious!
Make your bathboms as simple or a blingy as you like. We'll show you how to make geode inspired salt creations too.
Package your creations
Package your creations in eco friendly packaging to give as a gift or to make it safely home.
Images From The Course
If you are using a gift voucher to pay either in full or in part, just add your code(s) to the Coupon Code section of your basket, then click the Proceed to Checkout button.
At the Checkout page, after adding your details, you can choose to pay either the full amount or a non-refundable deposit (20% of your basket total). If you choose this option, you will receive a reminder email for the remaining amount after 90 days, or 2 weeks before your course date (whichever is sooner). If you wish to pay the remainder before these times, please email us at studio@ShoreCottageStudio.com and we will send you a payment link.
Final payment must be made no later than 1 week before your course date. If payment is not made, we will retain your deposit amount and return your ticket to our site.
Who Is This Course For?
- I'd love to make beautifully scented bath products
- I have reasonable manual dexterity and can be trusted to hold a knife safely and not drink the Witch Hazel!
- I don't mind getting my hands dirty (or should that be clean).
Who Is This Course Not For?
- I get a headache if I walk into a scented room
- I'm too young to be trusted with a sharp knife or can't follow safety instructions.
- Soap or perfumes irritate my skin
"North West's best kept craft secret!
Inspiring, creative, relaxed, fun and a feast for the eyes - and stomach! Sue, Kris, and Laura's studio is a true gem on the North West's coastline. Along with eight friends, I have spent a most lovely afternoon Christmas crafting. I cannot recommend this place enough."
"A magical experience!
This is my second visit to this wonderful place. Sue, Laura and Kris have to be the most inspiring people on our planet. The warmth of their welcome is outstanding and their creativity spills into every niche of their beautiful studio. If you want to do something really special then visit Shore Cottage Studio- I promise it will open your eyes to what can be achieved.
Thank you once again Sue, Laura and Kris I had a lovely time with you and your cakes are to die for. Happy Christmas to you all."